Established in 2005, Simplex, a multi-award winning technology company, is Cyprus’ leading provider of world-class premium carrier-neutral data center services and a leading enterprise IT integrator. All services of the company are ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO14001 certified, demonstrating the company’s commitment to quality, security and environmental sustainability.
Through its complete product and services portfolio and partnerships with leading vendors, the company is a single point of contact for enterprises globally that have trusted their ICT operations to Simplex.
We are looking for a Junior Systems Engineer for our office in Larnaca, with little or no experience to work with enterprise technologies including among others servers and storage systems, virtualization, Windows server and Linux operating systems. The tasks he/she will be involved in include the implementation, management and operational support of in-house and client infrastructure solutions.
At Simplex, you will be part of a diverse, skilled and collaborative team, working in a dynamic, challenging and results oriented environment. With innovation and continuous improvement being part of our culture, it is essential for the successful candidate to be passionate about technology and keep an eye on the technology landscape in order to identify new and relevant technologies that could be adopted for new setups or to improve existing ones.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide support for customer and in-house systems using the company’s ticketing support system to effectively keep track, resolve and further escalate issues inline the company’s SLAs.
- Manage, monitor and maintain customer and in-house enterprise IT infrastructure involving servers, storage, networks, virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Analyze logs and use the company’s monitoring and alerting systems to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Contribute to technical lifecycle projects such as updating and patching of operating systems, equipment software/firmware and equipment replacements/upgrades.
- Deploy/install and configure enterprise IT systems, wired and wireless networks (routers, firewalls, switches, wi-fi, etc.) as well as IP telephony systems, ensuring high quality and timely delivery.
- Ensure adherence to required/committed service levels in terms of availability, reliability, security and scalability.
- Update and develop scripts and tools to improve service delivery and automation.
- Prepare/maintain technical documentation and participate in relevant audits/assessments.
- Fulfil any other duties relevant to the role assigned by the company’s management.
Qualifications / Experience
- University/college degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant subject.
- No experience needed - new University/College graduates are welcome.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Good understanding of basic networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Prior experience, knowledge or active certifications in VMWare, Microsoft, Cisco, Veeam and similar technologies will be considered an advantage.
Personal characteristics and other skills required
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills in Greek and English, both verbal and writing.
- Car (category B, manual) driving license
- Multi-tasking with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities and without compromise on quality of work and service levels.
- Integrity, self-initiative, self-motivation, self-discipline, dependability and commitment.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
Our aim is to attract, develop and retain only the best and as such we offer an attractive and competitive remuneration package along with an engaging career and excellent prospects for growth in an expanding organization.
Only applicants whose qualifications and experience match the vacant’s position requirements will be contacted.